Friday, July 05, 2013

NEIGHBOURS

 NEIGHBORS

Neighbors are closer to people than their own family members because they see them every day ,,being closer inhabitants makes one closer than  than his own family members ,,, 
Islam has emphasized the important of treating one's neighbor with love and affection , kindness and help  ,,, Allah has mentioned in His Holy Qur'an the importance of treating neighbors in Surat Al-Nisa'a ,,,Aya no.35 ,,page 84 by saying :
( In the Name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful )
Be good to  parents , next door neighbor , close neighbor ,neighbor  , non- Muslim neighbors ....

Ever since I came to live in this strange building in Amman ,,BUILDING no 21 and I have seen the   unseen ,, heard the unheard ,,,it is really incredible ,,,

To start with , the people who own the flat no . 14 above my flat are such a strange middle - aged couple who are so noisy at night that I can never have a night sleep ever ,,, the noise starts in the middle of the night and some times during day time as well ,, last year the owner who is supposed to be a  professor  as he calls himself is such a strange flirting man who is always looking at women in very dirty eye commenting in such cheap way ... his wife on the other hand looks so elegant and dresses  fashionably as a young woman though she must be in her sixties ,,,

Last year I had a very terrible annoying time of  strange loud noise of  banging  , hammering and even drilling  through the ceiling which is their floor of course throughout day time as well as mid- night  ,,,I went upstairs to ask them to stop this noise ,,,very nicely and gently I requested of him to stop but all that he did was increasing the noise and I found myself ill with insomnia for all through the year ,,, he accused his next door neighbor  of this noise though I am sure ,,, positive ,,that the noise comes from his flat  ,,,,I was desperate ,,unable to sleep and so tired ,,,

Time went on and I had to have my thyroid nodules removed ,,,after leaving the hospital I went to my flat and once again ,,I faced the same problem of not being able to sleep because of Mr. Professor and his ETERNAL NOISE ,,,and as usual he would blame his neighbor ,,,

I am so scared to go up to ask him again - because he would start his flirting ,,,,such a disgusting man ,,,so I decided to live with the noise ,,, deprivation of sleep which is KILLING ME ,,rather than facing that awful man again ,,,

Can you imagine someone who has just had two operations and who is still in pain ,,,YET UNABLE TO REST OR SLEEP in HIS/HER OWN HOME ,,,YES ,,THAT IS ME ...

Time passed by and I heard that he traveled to the USA to see his son ,,, I was relieved ,,I thought that I will have A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP after all ,,,I have a problem which is that I can NEVER sleep during day time whatever it is ,,,anyway I thought that the TERRIBLE NOISE will end ,,,what a salvation ,,

BUT ALAS ,,, it seems that his honorable daughter has come over from Iraq and she is now living with her family up there to TURN my nights into  HELL  again by the AWFUL NOISES her sons made all through the nights ,,,it does not matter if they make noise during day time BUT at night ,,, that is not BEARABLE ,,it is TORTURE ,,,every one knows that one way of TORTURE is DEPRIVATION OF SLEEP ,,, again the hell started and I have to go up and ask her nicely ,,,,BUT what do I get ,,,a COMPLETE DENIAL ,,, AND AN ACCUSATION of her next door neighbor who are such a nice and quiet family ,,, besides it is them who are above my flat not the other people ,,,

Three times I went upstairs requesting of her nicely to stop this noise and she was such an arrogant poor lady who thought that she owns the world ,,,she looked at me in a very strange way ,,,twice I saw her with many women of her age and they were looking at me  from top to toe and in a strange cynical way  as if I am dirt ,,or as if I have come from another planet ,,, I never care for such people who are superficial and shallow frivolous characters who think too highly of themselves and who lack manners ,,,those who follow fashion without realizing if it suits them or not ,,,"  let them think whatever they like " ,,,I thought to my self ...

Yesterday , I thought that I should go up and ask who knows maybe this time I will get a better response ,,, I rang the bell and a gentleman opened the door ,,,he seemed completely different ,,a good,  respectable , nice and educated man who greeted me nicely and was listening attentively  to me ,,,he apologized and promised that it will not happen again ,,,he greeted me and welcomed me very warmly when I introduced myself to him and he praised me a lot  ,,,expressing his deep apologies ,,he assured me that I will not hear  a noise any more ,,
I was so pleased ,,, BUT only hours passed on and the HELL started again from 8.00 pm till 2.00 am ,,,what a HELL do I live in ,,
If anyone wonders why DO NOT I LEAVE THIS FLAT ,,
THE ANSWER IS
 MY LANDLADY IS ,,,,,THE BEST BALSAM ,,that can HEAL any wound
I WILL NEVER THINK OF REPLACING THIS PLACE BECAUSE OF MY LOVELY, KIND COMPASSIONATE, HELPING, UNDERSTANDING  AND GOOD -HEAR-TED LANDLADY MS. WAFA'A AL-AREEDH ...
I CAN NEVER FIND A REAL HUMANITARIAN LANDLADY AS HER
PRAYERS & LOVE TO ALL GOOD PEOPLE WHO SPREAD KINDNESS,GOODNESS ,LOVE & VIRTUES AROUND THEM 






No comments:

Blog Archive