Friday, July 05, 2013

My Blessed Landlady

My Blessed Landlady 



Her name is WAFA'A Al-AREEDH ,,, a beautiful Palestinian Muslim landlady , who has been the best help and support to me in my expatriation and foreignness ,,,I met this beautiful lady on the late morning of 26/10/2010 for the first time ,,,a day before I was looking for a place to stay in after a long and tiring week of looking for a flat as my brother was supposed to come over to Amman ,,I was staying with an old so called friend or ex-neighbor  who has showed me all the pain and suffering , humiliation and agony for staying with her - though I have given her 400$ cash money ,,, brought her a present of a very expensive set of a bracelet , ring and earrings  made of  white gold , silver and expensive  stones which cost me about half a million Iraqi dinars ,,, I shopped for food , paid the maid and bought her / her daughter & nephew meals and so many things ,,,I even bought clothes and stuff to her & her daughter yet she made me cry every day ,,she was cursing , calling names and she turned my life into HELL by scolding Arabs and Muslims ,,,she is  a Kurdish woman who used to say that they do not have a religion ,,,however , she prays and fasts Ramadhan ,,wears a head scarf ... but she is such a hypocrite and a profiteer ,,, I decided to leave her and look for another place and she was with me when suddenly we met another lady ,,,a friend of this Kurdish woman ,, so the friend said that there was a vacant flat in the same building where she lives ,,,we went and I saw the flat ,, it was not bad ,, the lady said that the rent was 350 JD ,,three months in advance ,,, I said no I can not pay that much besides I might move after one month ..she called the landlady and talked to her ,,, then she put me through to talk to the landlady and I was talking to her and requesting her to decrease the rent to 300 JD and that I will pay monthly not quarterly as I am now in a critical situation ,,,as I told her that my brother is arriving tonight from Baghdad and we are grown up and I will leave the moment she asks me to ,,,I forgot myself and this is my problem whenever I am emotional I switch to English ,,so I kept talking in English ,,,I then realized that the Kurdish lady and her friend were talking to me to switch to Arabic ,,, however to my surprise the land lady was responding to my request and replying in English ,,,then she said ,,,let me talk to Um Samir ,,,and I handed Um Samir the mobile ,,who ended the call by saying  " yes,,,yes ,,  OK 

Next morning ,  the Kurdish lady's nephew gave me a lift and he went on ,,,it seemed that I forgot the location of the building ,,, I called the landlady who told me to wait where I was and that she was coming over ,,,
I waited for some time and there she was ,,,she came driving her own black car ,,,got off the car and came straight to me ,,, 
Good morning , she said ,, I am Um Husam ,,, she introduced herself to me ,,,Dr. Nidhal ,,," Yes ,, I said " Let's go upstairs ,,,she said ,,,,,, 
We walked along the long corridor to the main gate of the building ,,,opened the door ,, went up few stairs and to the elevator ,,she pressed the button on no. 2 and then we were in the third floor counting the ground floor ,,, there were three flats ,, she came to the one next to the stairs opened the door and we went in  the living room ,,,we sat down on and she started talking ,,,she was such a nice educated highly mannered and broad thinking person ,,, I liked her talk and she mine ,, she discussed so many issues concerning the flat ,,,she even offered her help in case I needed an thing ,..I like that lady from the beginning and this FEELING is always TRUE ,,,all throughout my life ,,,those who appeal to me are always GOOD ,,,NICE and TRUE people ...
I signed the contract for one month and I gave her the rent with a deposit of 100 JD for the furniture and then she left ,,,, 
I thought that I was LUCKY to find such a landlady and I was RIGHT ...
I will always say that I have gained a BEST SISTER & FRIEND in this country ,,,Jordan 
the friendship and sister love of ms. Wafa'a is TRUE ,,,GENUINE and with no interests , welfare or benefit  ...such love , manners and humanitarian feelings and acts  is really RARE to find these days 


TO be CONTINUED ,,,,,

2 comments:

Emilio Fernandez said...

Good morning how are you?

My name is Emilio, I am a Spanish boy and I live in a town near to Madrid. I am a very interested person in knowing things so different as the culture, the way of life of the inhabitants of our planet, the fauna, the flora, and the landscapes of all the countries of the world etc. in summary, I am a person that enjoys traveling, learning and respecting people's diversity from all over the world.

I would love to travel and meet in person all the aspects above mentioned, but unfortunately as this is very expensive and my purchasing power is quite small, so I devised a way to travel with the imagination in every corner of our planet. A few years ago I started a collection of used stamps because trough them, you can see pictures about fauna, flora, monuments, landscapes etc. from all the countries. As every day is more and more difficult to get stamps, some years ago I started a new collection in order to get traditional letters addressed to me in which my goal was to get at least 1 letter from each country in the world. This modest goal is feasible to reach in the most part of countries, but unfortunately it’s impossible to achieve in other various territories for several reasons, either because they are countries at war, either because they are countries with extreme poverty or because for whatever reason the postal system is not functioning properly.

For all this I would ask you one small favor:
Would you be so kind as to send me a letter by traditional mail from Iraq? I understand perfectly that you think that your blog is not the appropriate place to ask this, and even, is very probably that you ignore my letter, but I would call your attention to the difficulty involved in getting a letter from that country, and also I don’t know anyone neither where to write in Iraq in order to increase my collection. a letter for me is like a little souvenir, like if I have had visited that territory with my imagination and at same time, the arrival of the letters from a country is a sign of peace and normality and an original way to promote a country in the world. My postal address is the following one:

Emilio Fernandez Esteban
Avenida Juan de la Cierva, 44
28902 Getafe (Madrid)
Spain

If you wish, you can visit my blog www.cartasenmibuzon.blogspot.com where you can see the pictures of all the letters that I have received from whole World.

Finally I would like to thank the attention given to this letter, and whether you can help me or not, I send my best wishes for peace, health and happiness for you, your family and all your dear beings.

Yours Sincerely

Emilio Fernandez

NN said...

Dear Emilio
I send you my best greetings ...
I am pleased to meet such learned educated people as your good self ...20 years ago I had a Spanish friend during my higher studies in England and I lost her address ,,Spanish people are very much like us (Iraqis ) in culture & customs ,,possibly because of old history ,,
I regret to tell you that I am now in Amman /Jordan for 3 years because I left my country after I was threatened to be killed ,,,I used to have hundreds of stamps of all over the world because I also was a stamp collector ,,ALAS ,,I have given them away years ago when I was in Baghdad...
Sorry dear ,,I wish I could have done something to please you ,,
I wish you all the best ,,happiness , health & prosperity ..
I am interested in reading your blog ...
Please accept my apology again ...
Prayers & best regards

Blog Archive