Monday, December 03, 2012

Life Is Full of Surprises

 Life Is Full of Surprises 
 God  always works in mysterious ways for His creators ,, and surely for their own good ,,, we make  plans and decisions for our life and future time ,, we calculate ,,  think and arrange for many things ,,, we might achieve whatever we have planned for -  yet at times we realize that however hard we try to do ; whatever we wish for just go in vain and new paths open for us leading us to completely different ways and new doors indulge us in other routes that we have never thought of ...
 Because we are  selfish creatures , we  wish to fulfill our desires and wishes no matter what the consequences are - even if these are against others'interests , benefits or needs ...
Still , the Almighty guides us and He ,,,only He is able to make our destiny ,,, some people may think that there is such a thing as luck - which helps them achieve their goals = others think it is their own hard work ,, intelligence and endeavor ,,, I say - from my own experience it is first God's plans who draws our destinies  ,,, then we have also to do an effort to help achieve that ,,,,in other words success in life depends on your work ,,, yet your destiny is designed for you by the Almighty God even before you were born  .....
We believe that there are four things destined for you :  your date of birth & death; whether you will enjoy a happy or  miserable life; your  spouse  ; your sustenance ...
From my own  personal experience ,,, I have realized after all this long life I have lived that ultimately all is TRUE ,,,,

I have planned from early age to be a doctor ( a physician )  & to join college of medicine ,,, I was very clever ,, hard working and I always was the first in all my schooling ,,  however , for the first time in all my life I had taken a lower mark in botany and chemistry  at the final  year in the  secondary baccalaureate exams ,, so I was  qualified to join college of medicine in Musil which is at the north of Iraq ... I was still very young - 16 years old so my father ( a conservative )  did not approve  and prevented me of me going there  ,,, so I had to change into another specialization and as I love English , I decided to join English literature because I wanted to be a translator  , and here am I a linguist , a senior  translator and a university professor ,,that was the first proof  which shows that God has  planned our destiny ..
When I was a young girl , I was pretty and there were many suitors around me ,,, most of whom were the best grooms ,, yet I was reluctant to get married so I refused them all without any logical reason and I decided not to be married seeing my elder sisters and brother having so many marriage problems ,, I thought it is better to be single so I  carried on my life enjoying a very successful career and I accommodating  myself to my research and professional life ,,,,
Then marriage emerged out of no where without planning things went coincidentally ,, circumstances played a great role in changing my mind and here comes the role of destiny again ,,,
Time flies as Noam Chomsky says and suddenly I found myself in tempests drowning me in huge  volcanic storms of pain and sufferings ,,, I decided to run away from all this by traveling and leaving everything behind in order to gain my dignity and pride back and  to have peace of mind and serenity from all those shocking unexpected bitter facts which turned my life into a nightmare within months ...
Travelling to another country gave me some relief so I thought as long as I will not go back home due to the new situation ,  I'd apply for asylum and leave my own country altogether = having all the qualifications makes me legible anywhere I like to go ... so applied and they assure me I am the best applicant and  very legible indeed ,,, What else do I want ,,, isn't that great ,,,
No  one  in this  whole world knows what  has fate in store to him/her  - still we dream and work hard to fulfill our so called dreams ...They assured me that within six months to two years I will be in my destination to another continent ,,,,,
Alas ,,, it has been almost three years  and nothing turned out ,,as a previous staff member of  the UN  - I am very well aware of the administrative corruption and so ,,, I am still stuck here when so many illegible applicants have traveled within months ,,, I kept writing  requests in English and Arabic ,, I am also ready to write in French if they require  but most of those who work there are not that good in foreign languages ..... Then comes the blow ,,I have cancer ,,,,so now what happened to my planning ??? 
Now in the middle of all this astonishment ,,, I am so surprised = not because of having cancer ,,, but because of the circumstances in which I have been through ,,,now I have to take care of my health and forget about everything else ,,, 
Another woman might have had a  nervous break down ,be very depressed ,, , not me ,,, being a strong believer in the Almighty makes me serene and patient ,,, I do no care even if I die soon ,,, eventually we will all die ,, no one is  immortal ,,, the only thing that bothers me is waiting for so many things which I might have accomplished , have I  known that this will be my end ,,, 
Well , who knows what could happen tomorrow ... 
I do  believe in miracles ,, so  who knows ,, may be the Almighty will grant me another one,, He had granted me so many miracles in the past and I am a very strong believer in Him ....
All I have to do is wait and see ,,,


No comments:

Blog Archive